Tuesday 21 July 2015

On Tuesday's I eat cake

Hello Bloggers! 

As you all will be aware now I love baking (especially cakes). When I went to The Great Yorkshire Show I made rainbow cupcakes with jam and buttercream icing- yum! 


 Ingredients

175 Stork Margarine 
175g Self Raising Flour 
175g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Gel Food Colouring in colours; 
Sky Blue, Hot Pink, Sunshine Yellow, Bright Red, Neon Orange


When I'd mixed all the ingredients up I divided the mixture between 5 bowls and coloured them. I then filled the 12 cupcake tin in with my new cupcake cases from Sainsbury's, they're called London Calling. They are really cute. They have 3 different designs; red with white spots, white with union jacks on and blue with beefeaters on. Although I'd layered the cake mix I would've probably made a bigger mix next time as the layers needed to be bigger and it was a struggle to fill all the cases equally! I left them in the oven for 25-30 minutes before leaving them to cool on a rack. I then cut a circle out of the top and added a dollop of Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam and some buttercream. I don't use exact measurements for the buttercream I just mix icing sugar and butter until it's how I like it!


I was really pleased with how they turned out and everyone said they loved them. I really should start baking more and try and sell them somewhere (I wish).

Update: I made these for Luke's cricket teas on Saturday and I piped the mixture into the cases, which was time consuming but worked so much better layering the cupcakes! They worked fab and the colours were so bright! I really love making these cupcakes filled with buttercream and jam- YUM!

Hope you're having a good start to the week! Click on the links below to keep following me and seeing my updates!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 

Social Media Links





No comments:

Post a Comment