Friday 10 July 2015

Friday Favourites: Wedding Reception outfit

Hello Beautiful People of the Internet!

I don't usually write posts like this I am aware so I am sorry if this is not written in a style you would expect. On Saturday night Luke's friend had invited us to his wedding reception so I was instantly panicking about what to wear. Now those who know me know that I am not very girly. I love my converse to death and short floaty dresses are my kind of thing. I even went to my Year 13 prom in converse- I still don't regret my decision to do so.

When I went to London Adeline and I looked around the shops in Covent Garden and I decided to go into Oasis to see if they had a dress that was summery and something different to what I already had at home. I tend to wear the same things so I was eager to change it up and look a little different than what I usually would.

I found this beautiful yellow dress (the only one left which was in my size which I thought was fate) which had butterflies over it. They were blue, pink, white, yellow and outlined in black. It was perfect, really me. That style of dress really suits me as it was figure hugging until it got to my tummy as I do enjoy my food not great to have it clinging to my belly! I instantly fell in love and it was in the sale at £28.00.

When I came home I dug my black heeled sandals, from New Look, out I wore for my 18th birthday night out and I've never worn them again. I was determined to be girly and wear them without falling over! I also picked out my bright blue clutch from Dorothy Perkins. I used the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in the shade Fondant on my nails and toes. I bought some fake tan to use on my milk bottle legs as well. I bought the St. Tropez tan optimiser and the St. Moritz spray bottle tan from Home Bargains.

For my hair I tied my hair in a half and half. Half of it was as a bun and then the rest that was down was curled. I was really happy with how my hair curled. It lasted all night even to the next day parts were still curled.




I would like to point out that I took my heels off because I was going home and didn't want to fall over in the dark. Plus Luke's friends thought it would be funny to look at the massive height difference between us. I had a great night and I really felt comfortable in this dress. Hopefully I'll wear heels again soon...maybe.

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 

Social Media Links




No comments:

Post a Comment