Sunday 7 September 2014

Almost Famous, Leeds

On Friday I visited the new Almost Famous restaurant that has opened in Leeds. I was excited to go as I was seeing my best friend Megan, but also because I'd heard great things about the restaurant in Manchester.

We walked in and were instantly greeted by a warm, friendly waitress who took us to a table and explained the menu and ordering systems. I instantly noticed how fab the music was in there. It was like a mixtape threading lots of different music styles and genres together in a loop so there were no awkward silences. Megan and I couldn't help singing along.

The menu was filled with burger goodness! We spent ages trying to decide what we wanted. I decided to have the 'Triple Nom' which has cheese, BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw, redneck and famous sauce. Megan knows how obsessed I am with pulled pork recently so it was hard not to choose this burger! Overall I thought the burger was nice, however there were peppercorns in and I found the sauce all a bit overpowering not in a good way, so I probably would choose something different next time!

You order your burgers and sides separate which I didn't mind as the burgers were massive and Megan and I shared a side of chips. I loved the chips, there were sweet potato and normal chips some with the skin left on- just beautiful. The bill came to around £20 for both of us so I wouldn't hesitate in going again.

Inside the restaurant is just a mess of wonderful, crazy. There is everything from graffiti on the wall to a huge Gorilla by the entrance where you can have a picture taken sitting in his hand! There's also a photo booth which Megan and I are planning on checking out on our next visit.

I would fully recommend this restaurant and give my visit a 9/10 as I would choose a different burger next time!

Hope you enjoy the pictures from our visit you'll find them below!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment