Thursday 12 September 2013

My Journey To University: Volume 3

Phew!

After the disasters of yesterday I have FINALLY sat down! Yesterday I was told the bed I was promised for my new flat was going to be given to someone else. I was so stressed and mad because this was 2 days before I was moving! However, my auntie came up today and together with my mum we went on a search for a bed. We started at 11am and we didn't find one till 2.45pm! We'd been round all the shops and not found one cheap enough. Although when we went to The British Heart Foundation furniture shop we found a sofa, a mirror, a bed all to kit out my new flat!

Relief!

Cannot explain how relieved I feel right now. God knows why I feel relieved when I haven't even packed up any of my room yet! Tomorrow is Moving Day: Part 1. I have to say now I've got majority of my furniture sorted I can relax and just enjoy tomorrow instead. 

Lunch.

We went to La Luna for lunch today and I have to say it was beautiful! Mum and my Auntie had pasta with crabmeat and my auntie had prawns in it as well. I had lamb shank with bubble and squeak mash and parsnip crisps. Oh...my...god it was amazing. When I saw one of the deserts was Homemade Creme Brûlée I HAD to try it! Probably one of the best desserts I have had in a long time! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who lives near Halifax! It's under the arcade and it's worth a try! 

Creme Brûlée:

DIY! 

My auntie gave me a desk to sand down and paint for my new flat. It's not the best paint job, however for my first go at doing something like this I'm pretty proud of myself! 

Before:

After:

Anyway I shall update you on my adventures tomorrow and let you all know how it goes! 

"The rest is still unwritten" 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment