Monday 16 September 2013

Fears

After today hasn't gone to plan with the flat I thought I write a blog on a subject I was planning to do next week, however I'll write this now! 

I'm 18 and it's safe to say I still act like a 5 year old! This goes for fears as well. I'm still scared of spiders. However, since I'll be living on my own I have started to make myself kill the spiders instead of catching them and then panicking about what to do. In the end I usually end up calling my mum to come and kill it! I used to be scared of the dark and in a way I have conquered this fear. To not be scared I have to be sandwiched in between teddies and pillows. My brain thinks that I'll be safe should anything happen! 

One thing I also used to have severe problems with we're nightmares. I haven't fully gotten rid of these, but they have become bearable. When I was younger I was involved in a car crash with my mum. We were fine it was nothing major, however I thought my mum had died. Every night after I wouldn't sleep and I would run screaming into my parents room thinking my mum was dead. I began falling asleep at school and in the end I was sent for a counselling session. I don't really remember the crash or the counselling so I guess you could say it was a success. Through the courts I did get some compensation which I then got on my 18th birthday. This is helping me for University. I guess you could say that something that was bad turned out to be good in the end. 

Now I have my own flat I am a little nervous and scared about sleeping on my own. I don't like being in a house on my own so that will take some getting used to! 

I was texting a friend last night and we briefly mentioned fears. Do any of you still have fears? If you want to comment your fears below feel free and I'll read and comment. We shouldn't let our fears rule us! We can be strong even with our fears! 

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment